why you should have your transformer repaired
- 2016 Energy Efficiency Standards - 2016 energy efficiency standards are significantly affecting new transformer prices, lead times, and physical size. More details here.
- Save Time - Industry average shipping time on some new transformers exceeds 10 weeks. Most transformers can be rewound in just a few weeks.
- Save Money - In most cases, enclosures, cores, and bus can be reused while the working part of your transformer, the coils, are replaced. This typically translates into savings over buying a new transformer.
- Save More Time - Manufacturers change designs frequently. Sometimes designs are dropped from a product line and manufacturers go out of business. Don't spend weeks trying to find a suitable replacement transformer.
- Save More Money - When possible, we will redesign the coils to provide greater cooling efficiency, short-circuit strength and reduced operating costs.
- Save Yourself A Headache - Finding a transformer can be a big headache. If you do find one, will you have to make major modifications to make it work? You know that your transformer will fit into the existing space and will connect without any hassles.
the right choice for transformer rewind and repair
- More than 50 years of transformer rewind and transformer repair experience
- Shorter lead times than new transformers
- Modern winding techniques
- Improvement of original design in many cases
- Failure analysis available
- Capacities up to 5000 KVA
- Voltages up to 35kV
- Medium voltage dry type transformer repair
- Low voltage dry type transformer repair
- Autotransformer repair
- Motor-starting autotransformer repair
- Rectifier transformer repair
- Welding transformer repair
- Saturable core reactor repair
- Choke coil repair
- Repair of virtually any electromagnetic coils*
* Alfa does not rewind coils that are encapsulated or dipped in any substance that solidifies such as epoxy.